Etykiety

czwartek, 30 września 2021

Prep for Matura - Writing an email

by Patryk W. 3A TL 

While writing an email keep in mind several points.




1. check if the text is formal or not

Use contractions for informal form only

Adjust the greetings to the type of your email


2. Read the instruction several times and check whether you included all of the points 


3. After writing a draft, count the words. Check the text for obvious spelling mistakes.


4. Check whether you put all the artickles such as "a", "an", "the" - with the right countable nouns 


Here is an example email to a friend


Hi Guys,

I've read some of the posts here over the last few days and I really wanted to share my thoughts. But first, let me tell you a bit of myself. My name is Patrick and I'm 17 years old. My adventure with this language started when I went to school at 5 years old. As I grew up I started watching English movies, using internet and playing games on my computer with people from all over the world. It's so easy to learn because grammar and vocabulary because they aren't complicated as in other languages. English is accessible worldwide. The language itself is truly useful due to the fact that many people learn it. It's also one of the requirements to get a good job. You can improve your English by communicating with others on the internet, take a language course or watch movies.
Regards,
Patrick

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz